Boomerchild Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swelling joints, locking fingers symptons.

3 posters

Go down

Swelling joints, locking fingers symptons. Empty Swelling joints, locking fingers symptons.

Post  lost traveler Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:25 pm

If there are any women that are taking Fosomax and are having these symptoms I can possibly help you. If you have swelling of the joints hands, and fingers,it is possible it can be a side affect. I had to have surgery on one hand before I found out that it was caused by the medicine.After I stopped taking the drug my other hand was fine again. Another friend stopped taking the drug and her symptoms went away.I am hoping this can help at least one other person.

lost traveler

Back to top Go down

Swelling joints, locking fingers symptons. Empty Re: Swelling joints, locking fingers symptons.

Post  Ilisia Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:56 pm

It's great you mentioned that. A friend has been on that medication and is having the same issue. I'll get her to ask her doctor about it. Thank you very much.

Ilisia

Back to top Go down

Swelling joints, locking fingers symptons. Empty Fosomax

Post  lost traveler Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:58 pm

When I asked the doctor who did my first surgery about the possibility of it being from the medicine he said he never heard of it. I would say tell your friend to try going off it fro a month, she may find the problem stops. That is how long it took for me and also my friend. Please let me know how she makes out.
Also, there is a class action lawsuit regarding Fosomax, I have not looked into it yet.

lost traveler

Back to top Go down

Swelling joints, locking fingers symptons. Empty Re: Swelling joints, locking fingers symptons.

Post  Shenglong Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:38 pm

It would be wise to speak to your doctor about stopping this, or any medication for that matter, before doing so.

Shenglong

Back to top Go down

Swelling joints, locking fingers symptons. Empty Checking with your doctors first

Post  lost traveler Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:36 pm

I agree its good to check with a doctor first. But I do not think even the doctors know enough about this side effect yet. I was told it would not hurt anything to try going off the medication and that was how I found out what the problem really was. It was sure worth it to me not to have another surgery!

lost traveler

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum